Top 10 declutter habits to adopt now!
Have you ever planned to declutter your entire house in a weekend and quit after the first hour? It's the turtle and not the hare that typically wins the declutter race and a good set of declutter habits never hurts.
It is important to always start small when it comes to decluttering such as cleaning out only one drawer or shelf per day rather than everything. This enables you to see progress and want to keep going without ever feeling overwhelmed.
Here are the top 10 declutter habits to adopt now!
- Stop bringing new clutter into your life
- Spend 20 minutes every day decluttering
- Break large declutter projects into bite-sized chunks
- Follow the one in one out rule. Buy a pair of shoes, get rid of an old pair
- Get rid of anything that you have not used in the past year
- Make your bed, do one load of laundry, and wash your dirty dishes daily
- Learn to say “No” without giving an excuse
- Remind yourself that you deserve to live clutter free
- Don’t be afraid to get rid of something. Most things you can easily get again if needed
- Stop buying stuff just because it is on sale. Yes, you may save 50% on the item, but you will save 100% if you do not buy the item at all
Don't forget to relax with a hot cup of your favorite drink and be proud of your decluttering progress.
Want regular updates from Live Clutter Free?
Subscribe to Live Clutter Free for the best tips ideas and recommendations to declutter your entire life including your home, finances, well-being and so much more and you will get the 18- page “Live Clutter Free Workbook” for FREE!