Are you ready to crush some of your toughest goals by taking a few baby steps on a consistent basis? Read on and find out how.
Dieting and Baby Steps…
Did you know that over 45 million people go on a diet each year AND spend $33 billion annually on weight loss products? However, nearly two-thirds of the population is overweight or obese. These odds are certainly not in our favor. So why do we continue to fall for the latest diets and exercise programs? In today’s world, we have come to expect quick fixes and instant gratification, but the goals that mean the most to us are usually not easy nor quick to achieve.
A Missed Baby Step Opportunity…
Four years ago, I lost 75 pounds and I was about 20 pounds shy of my goal. A nutritionist suggested that I lose the last 20 pounds at a rate of no more than a half of a pound per week. I remember telling her that was a great idea and I never went back to her again. Are you kidding me? If I only lost half of a pound a week, it would take me a year to achieve my goal. I bet you can guess where this story is going. Four years later, I am 20 pounds heavier. If I had just committed to losing a half of a pound per week I would be at my goal weight today.
Where Will You Be in One Year?
- Lose a half of a pound per week; weigh 25 pounds less
- Get rid of 5 items per day; have 1,800 fewer items
- Write one page of a book per day; publish a 365-page book
- Save $1 per day; have $365 extra dollars
The list of what can be achieved in one year with the power of baby steps could literally go on forever. Don’t make the mistake of thinking a year is too long.
Tips to Crush Your Goals
- First off, do not worry about how long it is taking to reach your goal. If you do a little each day, you will get there.
- Do not forget to enjoy the baby step process and your everyday life as you journey towards achieving your goal.
- Finally, make a game out of the baby step method. Set one big goal and create two daily baby steps to achieve that goal.
What are some of the goals that you would like to try the baby step method with? Grab a piece of paper and write down three life-changing goals now. Then write down the one or two daily baby steps you will take to ultimately reach your goals and prepare to be amazed.
Drop me a line to say hello and tell me what Live Clutter Free topics interest you the most.
Want regular updates from Live Clutter Free?
Subscribe to Live Clutter Free for the best tips ideas and recommendations to declutter your entire life including your home, finances, well-being and so much more and you will get the 18- page “Live Clutter Free Workbook” for FREE!